Nav

WHITNEYMISCH

CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

Woohoo!

So I got an internship of sorts with Net Flow Developments as a concept artist (and might end up doing some 3-d work too). It's a pretty tight nit group, and we're currently working on a game called Paradise Lost (can't say too much, NDA's and all of that)

Aside from that, I'm trying to learn color, as it is one of my biggest weaknesses. And as such, here are some little color exercises I have been doing from movie stills. In just these four (reverse chronilogical order) I feel I have learned a lot already! now just to keep it up! (Good thing movies pay such good attention to ligting!)



6 comments:

caitlin bridges said...

congrats on the internship! and you're doin pretty good on them color studies there

Teo said...

Congratulations dude! That's awesome.

Whitney Misch said...

Wow, I didn't know anyone read this blog, haha.

Thanks guys!

Ricky Clarkson said...

looking good

Plafstarlight said...

So its like 7 days later and im not finding out about the internship by reading you blog?! granted i havnt seen you as much but we were totally at qudoba the day after you posted this! congrats! does this mean you get to start drinking again :P? P.s. I like definitely like the lighting on the second from the top!

Tom Scholes said...

Real nice. Give a little more care to your brushstrokes, shapes and edges - spend that extra few minutes to polish them. It pays off like you wouldn't believe.

To answer your question about thumbnails sizes, usually they are about 2 inches tall by 3 to 3 and a half inches. Sometimes a bit wider; hmm makes me think I should do more portrait formats...